We will see in this article, where is Agadir located in Morocco, some facts and figures and some distances between this city, called also the Southern Pearl of Morocco, and other cities of the country…etc.
Where is Agadir Located ?
According to the new regional division of the Kingdom of Morocco, Souss Massa Draa region includes 2 prefectures : Inezgane Ait Melloul, Agadir Ida Outanane and 4 provinces : Chtouka Ait Baha, Tiznit, Taroudannt and Tata.
Agadir, called the pearl of south, is a biggest modern city in the south of Morocco belonging to Souss-Massa-Draa region. It is located 30.42 latitude, -9.60 longitude and it is situated at elevation 31 meters above sea level.
Some Tourist Places in Agadir :
- Beaches : Corniche Beach, Aourir, Imourane, 25Km beach, Taghazout, Aghroud, Imsouane beach, Sidi Toual, Tifnit, Sidi R’bat, …
- Places to visit : Birds Valley, Agadir Oufella, Marina, Sunday Souk ( Souk El Had ), Paradise valley, Imouzzar Ida-Outanane, CROCOPARC ( crocodiles park ), Souss Massa National natural Park, …
Facts and Figures
- Country : Morocco
- Region : Souss-Massa-Draa
- Population : 421,844 ( 2014 census )
- Zone : CET ( Central European Time )
- Latitude : 30.420180° ( decimal degrees )
- Longitude : -9.598150° ( decimal degrees )
- Elevation : 31 m over sea
- Airport : Al Massira Airport.
Distance to Popular cities Morocco
The First column of the table bellow, you have a list of some beautiful cities to visit in Morocco. The second column, show the distance between them and Agadir.
|Tangier||692 km||430 miles|
|Marrakesh||203 km||126 miles|
|Rabat||477 km||296 miles|
|Fez||590 km||367 miles|
|Casablanca||399 km||248 miles|
|Ouarzazate||358 km||222 miles|
|Essaouira||175 km||109 miles|
|Dakhla||1175 km||734 miles|
|Laayoune||641 Km||398 miles|
|Al Hoceïma||1046 km||653 miles|
|Asilah||760 km||475 miles|
|Chefchaouen||800 km||500 miles|
|Tetouan||826 km||516 miles|
|Merzouga||655 km||409 miles|